Using English at Work
Do you ever get nervous speaking English with your co-workers because you’re not sure what the “right” word or expression is? After listening to Using English at Work, you will be better able to speak and write business English. Get it right with this complete course in daily English for businesspeople like you!
Audio: 2 hours, 50 minutes
Learning Guide: 82 pages
Listen to Sample Audio:
Get Serious About Improving Your Business English
You’ll learn commonly used words and phrases that will help you succeed in English. The course includes 10 detailed lessons that describe each part of a typical workday. Learn vocabulary related to arriving at work, checking mail and email, attending office meetings, going to business lunches, handling computer problems, scheduling a meeting, meeting with your boss, and socializing with coworkers.
In each lesson, you’ll learn common and useful vocabulary for everyday things and situations found in an office.
Here is a list of just some of the situations you will be able to talk about in English after completing this course:
- Parking your car in a parking lot
- Dealing with inter- and intra-office mail
- Talking about emails
- Handling voicemails
- Attending a meeting
- Working with daily office furniture, supplies, and equipment
- Taking a break with your co-workers
- Going to lunch with colleagues
- Fixing common computer problems
- Talking to technical support
- Scheduling a meeting with another company
- Meeting with your supervisor
- Leaving work and clearing up your desk
- Going out for after-work get-togethers with co-workers
How it Works
Each lesson is divided into three parts, following the highly successful teaching methods ESLPod.com. You:
- Listen to the story (slow)
- Listen to the explanation of the story and vocabulary
- Listen to the story at native-speaker rate (fast)
This 1-2-3 method of learning languages, pioneered by the applied linguists at the Center for Educational Development and ESL Podcast, is the fastest way to improving your business-related vocabulary. You encounter all of the key vocabulary several times in each lesson, helping you really understand the meaning of the expressions and how to use them correctly.