Using English at Work
- Do you ever get nervous speaking English with your co-workers?
- Are you often unsure about the “right” word or expression to use at work?
- Do you want to speak to co-workers with ease and confidence?
Get serious about improving your business English. This course helps you learn commonly used words and phrases that you need to succeed in English at work. In each lesson, you’ll learn common and useful vocabulary for everyday situations found in an office.
The course includes 10 detailed lessons that describe each part of a typical workday. Learn vocabulary related to arriving at work, checking mail and email, attending office meetings, going to business lunches, handling computer problems, scheduling a meeting, meeting with your boss, and socializing with coworkers.
After listening to Using English at Work, you will be better able to speak and write business English. Get it right with this complete course in daily English for businesspeople like you!
Audio: 2 hours, 50 minutes
Learning Guide: 82 pages
Listen to Sample Audio:
What You Get
- MP3 Audio Files (2 hours, 50 minutes) - Audio files to download and listen to on your computer or device anywhere
- Learning Guides (82 pages) – Written guide for all six questions, including:
- Full transcript of every word you hear, including the explanations
- Glossaries with definitions
- Sample sentences
Here is a list of just some of the situations you will be able to talk about in English after completing this course:
- Parking your car in a parking lot
- Dealing with inter- and intra-office mail
- Talking about emails
- Handling voicemails
- Attending a meeting
- Working with daily office furniture, supplies, and equipment
- Taking a break with your co-workers
- Going to lunch with colleagues
- Fixing common computer problems
- Talking to technical support
- Scheduling a meeting with another company
- Meeting with your supervisor
- Leaving work and clearing up your desk
- Going out for after-work get-togethers with co-workers
How It Works
This course takes you step-by-step through a typical business day. Each lesson is divided into three parts. You:
- Listen to the story at a learning speed (slow)
- Listen to a detailed explanation of the story and vocabulary
- Listen to the story at a normal speed (fast)
This 1-2-3 method of learning languages, pioneered by the applied linguists at the Center for Educational Development and ESLPod.com, is the fastest way to improving your business-related vocabulary. You encounter all of the key vocabulary several times in each lesson, helping you really understand the meaning of the expressions and how to use them correctly.
Why It Works
- Tested, proven lessons used by more than 1.27 million students in 189 countries
- Practical English expressions and terms used by American businesspeople in meetings and conferences
- Phrases in English for both formal and informal meetings, so you can handle any situation
- Presented by Dr. Jeff McQuillan, whose funny and entertainment lessons have been used by millions around the world
- Based 100% on scientific research – all lessons written by two Ph.D.s in applied linguistics
- More than 5 hours of lessons to give you a complete knowledge of what you need for meetings in English