English for Business Meetings
Do you want to know the right things to say in informal and formal meetings?
Do you want to speak confidently with business coworkers and clients?
Do you want to understand how American meetings work?
This course teaches you both formal and informal business English you need to participate in business meetings. You learn how American business meetings are structured and how to participate in each part – from starting a meeting, to introducing speakers, making a presentation, managing a discussion, answering questions, and ending meetings.
For each of the 10 parts of a typical business meeting, you will hear two versions:
- Meeting A is an informal business meeting.
- Meeting B is a formal business meeting.
No matter what kind of meeting you attend or what type of business you work in, this course covers important business vocabulary useful for anyone needing to communicate better in an English-speaking professional setting.
Audio: 5 hours, 10 minutes
Learning Guide: 121 pages
Listen to Sample Audio:
What You Get
- MP3 Audio Files (5 hours, 10 minutes) – For each of the 10 parts, you will get:
- Meeting A – informal version
- Meeting B – formal version
- Learning Guides (121 pages) – For each of the 10 parts, you will get a written guide with:
- Full transcript of every word you hear, including the explanations
- Glossaries with definitions
- Sample sentences
How It Works
This course takes you step-by-step through both formal and informal meetings.
Each formal or informal meeting contains three parts. You:
- Listen to the story at a learning speed (slow)
- Listen to a detailed explanation of the story and vocabulary
- Listen to the story at a normal speed (fast)
This 1-2-3 method of learning languages, pioneered by the applied linguists at the Center for Educational Development and ESLPod.com, is the fastest way to improving your business-related vocabulary. You encounter all of the key vocabulary several times in each lesson, helping you really understand the meaning of the expressions and how to use them correctly.
Why It Works
- Tested, proven lessons used by more than 1.27 million students in 189 countries
- Practical English expressions and terms used by American businesspeople in meetings and conferences
- Phrases in English for both formal and informal meetings, so you can handle any situation
- Presented by Dr. Jeff McQuillan, whose funny and entertainment lessons have been used by millions around the world
- Based 100% on scientific research – all lessons written by two Ph.D.s in applied linguistics
- More than 5 hours of lessons to give you a complete knowledge of what you need for meetings in English